|Dear MPC members and friends,
Session is planning a special learning opportunity for the whole church on Saturday March 23 from 9am-11am. RSVP below.
As we think about connecting with our neighbors, we’ve invited Rev. Sarai Rice to help us learn about some of the bigger trends in ministry and to find opportunities in our congregation and community.
This learning opportunity is for EVERYONE!
· For committee and team members who want fresh insights
· For parents and grandparents wondering how to spiritually support their children and grandchildren
· For people who feel that the world has drastically changed
· For people who want to connect with their neighbors but aren’t sure how to begin
The Rev. Sarai Rice has partnered with Winnebago Presbytery in the past. She has been pastor, a mid-council executive, and now serves as executive director of the Des Moines Area Religious Council. Read some of her recent articles on trends in ministry.
Sarai will present on “current national trends in member behavior and how these affect congregational programming and governance.” Topics include:
· the growth of “nones” – people not affiliated with any religious institution
· shifting attendance patterns
· the decline in available volunteer hours
· the shift toward religious education happening outside the church building
We hope you will join us Saturday March 23, 9am-11am for some important learning!
Pastor Mike and MPC’s Session members
Use this link to RSVP